Thursday, December 2, 2010

Flash Back...

Hello World,

Happy December! You know I have been waiting for "blog" inspiration to strike and sadly it hasn't...until today. This are honestly a random 4:00am thoughts, but I was browsing through the thousands of pictures that I have posted on Facebook over the years and I am so amazed at how fast time flies. Not only does time fly, but the times change as well and fads literally come and go with the click of a button. Looking through these pictures I see clothes that I would not dear wear today, makeup that makes me want to go back in time and slap myself AND my friends for letting me wear it. I see blue tooth ear pieces, camera's that are actually more than a millimeter in width, pre-android phones, and I am just amazed.

Looking at some of the people in these albums I see how much things have changed. Furthermore, I see how the relationships I had with them have either grown or dissolved. It is funny and it is sad at the same time. The scary thing is, these are not pictures from ten or twelve years ago, these pictures are literally from my freshman and sophomore year of college...and I just graduated in May...you do the math. I know that in another four years (when I am hopefully working for someones fancy magazine or for a fancy publishing company), that some of the things and even some of the people I value at this moment will become obsolete. Interesting.

Now, I could end this post with some big cliche' that we all should "enjoy life" and "stop to smell the roses", but I am not because I am not gonna give you readers advice that I am not sure I will even take myself. However, what I am saying is that life moves pretty quickly, so think about where you were four years ago, where you are now and where you think you will be in the not so distant future. Who knows, maybe you'll laugh a little more at the things that stress you out today, maybe you wont. Either way, it is still fun to look back every once in a while as long as it doesn't keep you from moving forward.

That is all world. Smile and be happy (at least try to anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment