Friday, October 8, 2010

For The Free! ! ! !

Hello World,

Who likes getting free stuff!?! Having just graduated college and now trying to budget my life I understand the importance of the word FREE! Getting things for free is especially important during those expensive college years. We need to pinch and save wherever possible and one of the most expensive, yet necessary, aspects of college life ,other than rent, are text books! In some cases students have to go weeks without books because they are waiting on financial aid to come through in order to pay for them. Well, no worries, I have the answer for you! Today I stumbled upon a website that uploads text books online for free. The website called Open Culture has hundreds of textbooks over the net ranging from basic Chemistry books to Finance books, they even have Engineering books available. Now I know there may be plenty of other websites that offer free books and the downside to the free text books is that some of them are school specific and may not work for you. However, the cool thing about Open Culture is that it is more than a website where you can get free books, it is literally a website where you can get free knowledge.

The internet has a vast amount of information, however, you can spend up spending hours just searching for one piece of information. Open Culture actually condenses that information and puts it in one place. Want to learn how to speak Spanish? The website has free language courses! Bored and want to listen to a good book but not sure where to go? This website has those too! If you have the time and want to learn something new, check out this Open Culture. I may be late with this information because the website was founded in 2006, nevertheless I thought I would share anyway! Enjoy World

Laugh, Smile and Be Happy!

--C. Smiles :-)

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. I wish I knew about that before I graduated! But I will definitely share with any student friends I know. Thanks, girl!

    ReplyDelete